Where is the library?
- Physical Building – We’re in Buell Basement, We have trees and orange carpet!
- Online: Homepage, also Facebook, Flickr, Twitter, etc.
Who are we?
- Librarians can help
- We recommend… (Did you know we have Metalocalypse, Season 1?)
- Student Assistants
Top Information Resources
- Books, DVD’s, magazines, ebooks at Lawrence Tech
- Order books from MeL – Free delivery from all over MI. Learn how to request items
- Interlibrary Loan (For really difficult to find stuff.
My Paper is Due Tomorrow!
- Lots of full-text digital content! Off-campus? Login to Blackboard first, then click “Library Services” at bottom right to authenticate)
How do I find credible information?
- What is peer-review?
- Guidebook to Internet Searching (handy PDF with tips I didn’t know about)
- Standards vary. You must look at details. Ask your instructor for guidance if you are not sure.
Hidden Gems at the Library
- Study Rooms
- Free Printing and Computer Lab (with scanners)
- Yearbook Archival Photos
- Suggest a Library Purchase
- 100+ Feature Films/DVD’s
Natalie Zebula, Reference Librarian